Register to participate in the next Bountiful Baskets pick up.
Tucson Medical Center is now a Bountiful Basket drop off/pick up location! Bountiful Baskets is a non-profit food co-op for families that want to have more fresh produce for less money.
Saturday, July 20th come to TMC Lot 29 at 12:00 p.m. to get a basket of fresh fruit and vegetables.
In order to participate you must sign up by end of day Tuesday, July 12th.
Visit http://bountifulbaskets.org/ to set up a fee account to register and contribute.
To make a contribution, follow these steps:
- Go to the website during the contribution time period. Some sites fill up quickly, so you may want to get on early for your first time.
- Click “Get my produce basket” on the right hand side under where is says Current Offerings. There’s a picture of a vegetable basket where you click. If there is no “Get my produce basket” link, it means the website is not ready for contributions. If it is during the contribution window, it’s possible the website is having technical problems. Close your browser and try back in a few minutes.
- Click on the basket for your state.
- Enter your email and account password, then click “Submit”.
- Choose your county from the drop-down menu. If your county is not showing in the list, it generally means that all sites in your county are full for the week. Try again earlier next week! (To make a selection in a drop-down menu, click on the little down arrow on the right-hand side of the little box. It will bring up all available options, and you can click on your desired selection.)
- Choose your pick-up site from the next drop-down menu. Again, if your site is not showing in the list, it means it is full for the week.
- Select the number of baskets you would like in the next drop-down menu. (up to 3 per participant)
- On the “First Time Basket” menu, choose Yes if it is your first time participating. This $3.00 fee is only charged your first time. The money goes into a pool that is used to buy baskets for the volunteers to sort the produce into. You don’t bring those baskets home with you, they are left at the site to be used every week. So you will need to bring a container for carrying your produce home.
- After that, there are several choices that you can select in addition to your produce basket if you desire. You can also upgrade to 100% certified organic produce for an additional $10.00. In most areas, there are also add-ons such as bread, specialty packs, or cases of canning vegetables. If you would like one of those items, enter the number you would like in the box to the right of the description.
- Before you click submit, read the message at the bottom of the page, and review your selections to be sure they are correct. Then click submit.
- This brings up your “Cart” and gives you one more chance to review your selections before you finalize the transaction. Be sure you have selected the site you want and all the add-ons, as these things CAN NOT be changed once the transaction is finished. If you are sure everything is correct, click on “Check-out”.
- This brings up the checkout page, where you will enter your name and payment information. Be sure to use the address that is associated with the credit or debit card you are using, or the transaction will fail. You must READ all of the bullet points and click the boxes next to them to indicate that you agree to the co-op policies.
- Once you click submit, wait for the transaction to complete before clicking anything else. It may take a few minutes if the website is extremely busy. A confirmation page should appear when the transaction is complete, and an email will be sent to your account.
- Print the email and bring it with you to the pick-up.
- If the website gives you an error before you receive confirmation, log back into your account in a few minutes and check the “Contribution History” link on the right hand side before you submit another transaction. If the transaction shows in the history, then your contribution went through. If it is not there, you must re-submit your contribution, but you may have to wait a few minutes for the website to re-set before it will accept your transaction.
If you have any questions please contact Mary Atkinson at ext. 4-5227 or Mary.Atkinson@tmcaz.com.