Experts from Tucson Medical Center and the Pima County Health Department have the answers – and they’re teaming up with Sporting Chance to offer a monthly health education series just for teens.
It’s free. It’s fast. And participants will receive a coupon for free play and a free drink!
Check it out the second Wednesday of each month, at 3:30 p.m. at Sporting Chance Center, 2100 W. Curtis Road.
Mark your calendars for these upcoming SCORE sessions:
- November 12, 2014: The Science of Hydration
- December 10, 2014: Sleep Better, Stress Less
- January 14, 2015: Concussion Safety in Sports
- February 11, 2015: Clean Teeth and Cardiac Smarts
- March 11, 2015: Kick Butts (and a Bad Habit)
- April 8, 2015: Sports Nutrition: Fuel Up!
- May 13, 2015: Wheels in Motion: Safe cycling, rollerblading, ATV
- June 10, 2015: Don’t Be Toast: How to Handle the Heat Safely
- July 8, 2015: Mean Stinks: Don’t be a Bully!”
- August Break
- September 9, 2015: Countdown2Drive
- October 14, 2015: Whiskers, Paws and Claws
- November 11, 2015: Game On: Protecting Your Joints
- December 9, 2015: The Science Behind Substance Abuse