Volunteer Week is being celebrated at Tucson Medical Center with an annual luncheon in recognition of those who give their time and resources so generously through the TMC Auxiliary.
The TMC Auxiliary has a long history of support for Tucson’s community hospital. The most recent example of a rock-solid donation from the Auxiliary is visible in the Finley Pediatric Courtyard, where two mosaic benches now reside. The Auxiliary chose to create a special area where families could sit and enjoy a quiet moment outdoors at TMC for Children. Monies donated by Auxilians and friends of the Auxiliary in remembrance of those who have passed away funded the two benches.
– Recognition facts for TMC Auxiliary:
- 567 active volunteers
- 42 service areas
- If paid, equals 40 FTEs at a savings of $1.7 million dollars to TMC
- Retail sales from the Gift Shop, Teal Saguaro and Desert Cradle = $788,554 in 2014
- Donations back to the hospital include:
- Women’s Center Pledge Year 2 $50,000
- Breast Screening Services $30,000
- Pediatric Emergency Lobby Artistic renovation $15,000
- Memory Care Program $10,000
- CEO/President’s Fund $10,000
- Cardiac Rehab Scholarships $7,500
- TMC Healing Arts Program $5,000
- Hospice Family Assistance $5,000
- TMC Foundation $4,000
- Auxiliary Operations $146,699
- TOTAL GIFT $283,199
Happy Volunteer Week, as designated by Points of Light each year.